Saturday, May 28, 2011

A Day Without a Name: March 2011

(I'd forgotten I'd written this, and meant to post it back in March)

One day there is a day without a name.  And the next day is Saturday.  It was an odd dream amidst the enormous howling of the wind and wind chimes throughout the night outside the bedroom window.  My vague memory of the dream was that I was searching with my mother for large letters for some reason (see? very vague), and once we had let go of that mission she and I entered a backyard of sorts with a fence, and found the letters to spell out the word "Saturday".  Each letter was on a large, maybe 1' x 2' rubber panel, very fancy and rounded with a couple of colors.  They had been deposited there for us as a gift from the Universe.  We were overjoyed to see them, and whoever it was who left them for us was still there with us, and kept leaving gifts for us.  We were told that there is a day without a name, and the next day is Saturday.  It made no sense to us in the dream, and I still don't understand.

Except that today I finally rolled out of bed after a relatively sleepless night, to find that an 8.9 earthquake and 23 foot tsunami hit Japan, and that Hawaii, where my brother and his family are, and the West Coast, are all under tsunami warnings.  Many people have lost their lives and are witnessing and experiencing massive destruction.  Meanwhile I sit here in the peace of my home, sending prayers out to all of them.

It is Friday, after all, but these people who have been affected are probably not so concerned right now with what day of the week it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment