Friday, November 4, 2011

Dona Nobis Pacem



Peace must come from within before it is experienced from outside of ourselves.  We cannot expect our peace to come from external sources.  Once we come to terms with ourselves and our own lives, and are no longer in battle with our own selves, then we have no need or desire to battle with others, then the magical happens, and peace surrounds us and we ARE Peace and we can spread Peace by example.

I AM

I AM Peace
I AM Joy
I AM Enthusiasm
I AM Ecstacy
I AM Love
I AM Peace

I AM

3 comments:

  1. Very well done! Succinct, but says it all!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed.

    Best wishes to you and yours for peace today and in all the days to come.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This feels like a very 'centring' poem. It's funny, I used to think, when people meditated and spent so much time dwelling on their own problems and feelings, that it was quite selfish. But as I grow older, I realise that to understand who we are is what allows us to be unselfish...it's like a stage we have to pass through! Do we have to work at it? Yes, I believe we do (Unless we are naturally happy/ content with our lot in life, which many aren't.
    Thank your for your poem.

    [your peace post will soon be linked into the patchwork peace quilt on my blog 'Peace Bloggers Unite' ]

    ReplyDelete